Travel Gears

April 20, 2008

THE COOKING MONKEYS: CHEFS FROM THE JUNGLE


You hope to see many exotic plants when trekking in the virgin rainforest.  My fellow travellers and I came across these.  At the top is the protected but familiar exotic pitcher plant, in Malay periuk kera - monkey cooking pot! Perhaps not so exotic but more frightening because this plant eat up insects that fall inside it.  Carnivorous plant, so be careful.  A real big one may swallow big animals.  The second photograph is real exotic; real wild orchid and friendly too as it grows near to the ground.  The third photograph is a giant fern.  I have not seen it before.  A real giant and real exotic this one.  It is harmless too.

Have a camera will travel really. I  brought along the new Nikon Coolpix, very light and easy to use.  But there many models in the market to shop for a camera for travels.

3 comments:

MisterZyl said...

Hi there, just dropping by to say Hello,

I found your blog from the Big Bang Master List.

Have a nice day.

MisterZyl said...

mr sanib said. Salam. Thanks for visiting my blog. Really appreciate. Yeah, I wrote about football, but not so much posts about it. Maybe when Euro comes, it will be more posts about football.

Sanib said...

Salam, sdr. Faizal, thank you for coming to wild Borneo.